Monday, January 30, 2012

How to crowdfund your start-up | Startups

How to crowdfund your start-up | Startups: "I raised £40,000 in five and a half days but, in truth, the campaign took me almost a year, as I courted what would become my customer base for 11 months prior to launching the actual crowdfunding pitch. Here’s a round-up of the most valuable lessons I learned…

Tell a compelling story that others can write along the way

When I first came up with the idea for The Bicycle Academy I didn't really think of it as a business, it was just something that I wished existed. From the very beginning I painted quite an ambitious picture of what it might be, then I documented what I was doing, telling the story as I went along. Over time the project picked up more followers, many of whom got in touch to see how they could help. People liked what I was doing and wanted to be a part of it."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment